reload The Race by Maurice McCracken

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

7 things....

posted by Little Mo | Permalink |
I don't usually do stuff like this on here, but a Relay worker has asked me, so I feel under obligation.

7 things to do before I die:

1) Understand the Relay budget.
2) Go to theological college
3) Write a novel. I have the plot in my head, I just need to write it.
4) Star in a proper professional musical production of something
5) Parachute jump
6) Live in Northern Ireland again
7) See a really good friend come to Christ

7 things I can't do

1) draw
2) sport of any nature
3) hide what I am thinking from showing on my face
4) Keep to 30 miles an hour on Aigburth Road
5) Play my guitar by plucking/ play bar chords
6) Ask people out - like girls I mean. Seriously, I just can't do this; if I ever get married it will be because some feisty young lady asks me.
7) Live in London. Sorry, but I am not going there, even for the Gospel.

7 things I say most often

1) I can't be having that/doing with that
2) I was loving it
3) I love you, but get lost
4) I forgot.
5) er...eh...um...
6) Thanks for coming. Goodbye.
7) Sorry, I did that wrong. Again. Even though you asked me not to. Sorry.

7 films I watch over and over

1) Evita
2) Shrek
3) The Sound of Music
4) The Muppets Christmas Carol
5) Dead Poets Society
6) Top Gun (although not for years)
7) Moulin Rouge

Gosh - what a girly list - how embarassing!

7 Books I love (the Bible is taken as read I'm afraid)

1) Ghostwritten by David Mitchell
2) The Shadow of the Wind by someone Spanish
3) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
4) Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson
5) Good news to the Poor by Tim Chester
6) Future Grace by John Piper
7) The Secret History by Donna Tartt

7 Songs I listen to the most

1) Can't get you out of my thoughts by the Dum Dums
2) Don't stop Movin' by S Club 7
3) The Message by Nate James
4) Bohemian Like You by the Dandy Warhols
5) Change your world by Martyn Joseph
6) Car Wash by Rose Royce
7) Break Me by Jewel

There. Now don't get your hopes up - there isn't lots more personal stuff coming, that's it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jonny:) said...

Nice list
It seems that everyone whose done this wants to get published. And the muppets, Micheal Kane and the muppets.. what a mix !!! :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Brittney said...

fun blog :)

treece sends her best. wants you to e-mail her/to get your e-mail. ask me about next time your online puhlease.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

To be honest I didn't think you'd do it. I'm glad I listed you on my 'people to do this next'. Evita is amazing. My ideal part in anything would be Che out of Evita. Brilliant. And the Muppets Christmas Carol is the best festive film of all time. "It's the penguins Christmas skating party!" I always sing One More Sleep Till Christmas on chrimbo eve. Good job McCracken.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

isn't blogging just the easy editorless way of writing a book...

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jDoes your book involve killer cyborgs from the future? If it does, I'll read it!

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, so you finally gave into writing about personal stuff on your blog. Well done Maurice, a well entertaining read. And I think we can still work on some of the 7 things you claim you cannot do :)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Daniel Hames said...

That Dum Dums track is a real classic. Also, you can sing the words of "Jesus You Alone" over the chorus. Handy!

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Live in London, I agree, London is great, but live just outside the M25, like me, then you can be a Londoner of you want to but far enough away to claim it means nothing. Now that bit about Allerton Road, I agree, why it is 30 who knows but well, with your spider senses no problemo speed away!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On behalf of all the feisty young girls...

Will you go out with us?

(from two feisty ladies at Christchurch Liverpool)

You neednt be shy anymoore ;)

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home