reload The Race by Maurice McCracken

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Here's a confession

posted by Little Mo | Permalink |
I am about to again enter the ranks of "Christian workers." I teach people about God on a regular basis. I just spent 3 hours of my "free time" last night in a rather dull church leaders meeting.
But here's my confession - it's really bad. I actually don't like doing evangelism. At all.

There I said it. I can argue with the best of them that evangelism is important, that it is the central task of the church, more important than social action, the only hope of our dying world, but I still find it incredibly hard, and I don't actually like doing it.

I think what has happened, as so often happens in my Christian life, the stuff I "know" has actually leapt far ahead of the stuff that I am doing. I suppose all I can do is pray that God will send some of that stuff in my head to my desires, my aspirations and my passions.

Ho hum.

Hey - heads up Brit, that was inspired by your honest confession last week. Your influence in blogdom spreads far and wide.....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

boring?? from what i hear it was an amazing church meeting! full of laughter and conversation and far better than watching big brother!
and not even a hint of talk about communion wine and silver cups!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boring?? from what i hear it was an amazing church meeting! full of laughter and conversation and far better than watching big brother!
and not even a hint of talk about communion wine and silver cups!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm....not too clever posting it twice eh! but that is just to emphasise the point!!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Little Mo said...

anonymous. Who are you, and how do you know about meetings that go on in my house?

THAT'S why you don't need to watch Big Brother. In an eerie Channel 4 type way, you have managed to set up a Big brother type scenario in my house.

Spooky.

Whoops, means you'll have seen me dancing round the dining room to S Club earlier when no one was about.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home